A donation can go a long way in helping conserve cheetahs in the Mara:
- $10 can provide material for one Wildlife Club for primary school children
- $50 covers the cost of a workshop with the local community to reduce the conflict between predators and people
- $100 can pay for a GPS that will be used to collect data on cheetah whereabouts
- $250 can purchase a camera which can be used by safari guides and rangers to help with cheetah monitoring. Click here to find out more about our ‘Cameras for Conservation’ initiative
- $500 covers the cost of fuel and vehicle maintenance for a project vehicle for 1 month
- $1000 can pay for 20 local children to attend a three-day wildlife camp to inspire a future generation of conservationists
- $5000 covers the salary for a year for a local research assistant
Donations can be made through the Kenya Wildlife Trust, who pride themselves in the fact that 100% of all donations go to conserving cheetahs on the ground. If you would like to make a donation please click here or contact us directly.
Alternatively, donations can also be made through the “Friends of Kenya Wildlife Trust” (FoKWT). FoKWT is a 501(c)(3) public charity in the USA and a registered charity in the UK, both are tax-deductible.
FoKWT – USA: Donations can be made by cheque to: Friends of Kenya Wildlife Trust, c/o Rick Weyerhaeuser, 105 Coolidge Hill, Cambridge, MA 02138
FoKWT – UK: Donations can be made by cheque to: Friends of Kenya Wildlife Trust, c/o Helen & Robin Cullen, 135 Marlborough Crescent, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 2HN, UK